On Campus Services
Campus Security Office
HCC does not have an actual Security Department, however, HCC maintains a support unit to the broader mission and goals of the college. We strive to provide the safest, most stable environment possible in which education may be pursued without the fear and presence of crime or violence. We do this by supporting and educating students, employees, and visitors in areas of personal safety and providing assistance in situations of need. HCC security is built on a foundation of proactive service and crime prevention that reflects and preserves the rights and human dignity of those we serve. HCC does have a Law Enforcement (LE) program, but students in the LE program are only doing those activities in support of their pursuit of an academic degree and do not provide campus security services.
General Emergency Procedures are as follows:
- Always protect yourself first.
- Protect and warn others to the best of your ability.
- Call 911 and/or HCC Maintenance at 218-969-3019, 218-969-6019, or 218-969-9019.
- State the emergency
- Give building number and address (1515 E. 25th Street –Hibbing, MN)
- Give the exact location of the emergency in the building.
- Initiate and/or follow your building’s emergency plan.
Hibbing Community College partners with local law enforcement to respond to health, safety, and emergency situations. Members of the campus community should call 911 first in emergency situations and then contact HCC Maintenance at 218-969-3019, 218-969-6019, or 218-969-9019. HCC Maintenance staff are hands-off in situations in which their own safety may be compromised. Their role on campus is primarily to provide service and deter criminal activity.